
I know that referring to other nations, especially nations that are perceived as being less developed, as third world is not very politically correct, but the titles "Non-Western Ready!" or "Newly Industrialized Country Ready!" or "Developing Country Ready!" were not as catchy...
This is what has come our way in the last 2 weeks...
1. Our daughter came down with a significant fever and cough 2 weeks ago. From our doctor, we learned that influenza is not going around these days, and if a patient presents these symptoms, it's H1N1. Yes, Swine Flu. It only lasted about 4 days, and then she was well again. Thank goodness we took the opportunity to get out and hike Mt. Tam the day after she was better because the next day, our son came down with it and it lasted 7 days. What a drag.... we were so excited about out last few weeks in Sebastopol where we would get together with friends, ride bikes around town, and generally enjoy our last few weeks here in pure West County style. But we were quarantining our kids and Eric and I were sucking down Maitake mushroom immunity booster from Selena. (THANK YOU Selena... that stuff saved us!) I am really glad that our kids got it here and not there. I know that when we initially move, I will most likely be hyper-vigilant and paranoid about any sniffle, cough, insect bite, fever, bout of diarrhea, etc. that they come down with.
So - check H1N1 off the list!
2. Presidential ousting. Not much needs to be said about this one... we've covered it already in previous postings.
Check political instability off the list!
So, yes - we plan on getting on the plane on July 28. By the way, when we board the plane in San Francisco on the 28th, our daughter will be 3 and when we get off in Tegucigalpa on July 29, she will be 4. We have already told her that she will be having her b-day party on the plane. She's quite excited. I didn't think we would ever be able to top the b-day party we had for our son's 5th b-day at the fire station, but this one may rival it! No real candles though - we're thinking battery operated tealights and rice krispie treats.
No comments:
Post a Comment