Monday, August 17, 2009

Uniforms!


Here are the kids in their PE uniforms.  On non-PE days, they wear a white collared shirt with these outrageously fancy pin-striped pants.  I have yet been able to take a picture of them wearing their pimp-daddy uniforms.  The pin-stripe pants are actually custom made by a tailor here and took a week to get, that's why the kids were wearing their PE uniforms to school for the first few days.  

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for the blogspot reminder, Sarah I have been thinking of all of you and wondering how everyone was adjusting. We will tune in and follow you on your adventure regularly.
    Cheri and Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheri and Sarah,
    Believe, we miss the Applegarden days TREMENDOUSLY. Can't get a sweet, Walforf pre-school experience here. In fact, Linnea said yesterday that she missed Applegarden. I am so grateful that her time there is still fresh in her memory. Our life here is moving ahead in full speed, which is a little unsettling and mind-blowing at times, but also exciting. The time passes so quickly. I am very busy with my classroom, but an relieved that I have a full-time assistant and my students are with specialty teachers for 2 hours a day. Sarah, good luck to you as your school year starts. I hope that you have a good time of 7th grade math! xoxo, Jennie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cheri and Sarah,
    I left out about how D & L are doing...sorry! They are adjusting day by day. They are making friends (Dempsey's favorite new friend is Diego and Linnea's favorite friend is Maya) and feeling happy about their new classes, but they do have highs and lows. They are already saying some Spanish phrases and have good relationships with their teachers. We have gecko's living on our balconies and beautiful sounding birds to hear each morning. The grounds of our school are beautiful and there is even a garden with a path through it in the front of the school and they call it "The Magic Garden". Dempsey caught a butterfly there and it sat on his hand for a while.

    Gotta go to bed soon - we get up early around here... dawn starts at about 5:15 and we're up by 5:30. Kids wake up on their own by 6:00! THAT almost never happened at home!

    xoxo, Jennie

    ReplyDelete
  4. The kids look great! I love the snazzy uniforms. Sounds like they are doing well :-) Say hi to everyone for us :-)
    Elizabeth, Chris, and Jane

    ReplyDelete