




We are a little We are a little behind on getting pictures put up from our Halloween festivities. Although the school said that they were "scaling down" the Halloween party this year, I didn't notice. There was a parade and class parties. Dempsey and Linnea came home with gobs of candy, enough to last through Thanksgiving. We were invited by some neighbors (an American family) to go trick or treating in our neighborhood on Saturday night, with Marine escorts. We passed on the invitation, in part because our kids didn't need any more candy, and Eric and I were headed out to a Halloween party that night. But, I wanted to know, would the Marines be in costume? Camouflage? Mind you, I really don't think the escorts were necessary... sometimes the Embassy folks are a little over-cautious. They are very nice, but they freak me out a little.
Today is Thursday, and that is the day our maid goes across the hall to Colin and Elisa's house. She goes over to clean, do laundry, iron. This means we are on our own for dinner. But what is funny is that we can tell that she's been over to our place too, because our breakfast dishes are done and our beds are made. About cooking dinner, I really don't mind... cooking a couple nights a week isn't difficult at all. So tonight I dug up a recipe that my mom gave me years ago. It's spicy peanut noodles with shrimp. All ingredients were readily available at our usual grocery store... egg noodles, soy sauce, rice vinegar, cilantro, cucumbers, red and yellow pepper, peanuts, shrimp. The kids loved that we got to use chop sticks and slurp noodles. We also got to eat a meal that was familiar to home. I probably made this dish twice a month when we lived in Sebastopol.
I also think it is funny that, now that we are bloggers, we take pictures of ourselves eating dinner, then write about it to our friends. Life is strange...
Such a sweet meander through your few days. Makes me really miss you guys, but also lets me feel closer to you too.
ReplyDeleteLooking forward to visiting.
Bruce
you guys are great.
ReplyDelete