As seen at the Guasaule border crossing, Honduras/Nicaragua.
We've used this border crossing many times... how we passed by this choice billboard without taking notice is beyond me. Who knew Honduras was a world leader in ... I don't know what!? Are we talking about good larva or bad larva...?
Our dear friends from Sebastopol (Selena, Steve, Talia and Noa) have ventured into Nicaragua for the next month or so and we rendezvoused near Poneloya, Nicaragua last weekend. S, S, T & N had been brushing up on their Spanish at a language school before meeting up with us at Surfing Turtle Lodge near Poneloya. We have visited this place a number of times and thought it would be a great place to meet up with old friends. Here the kids would be plenty entertained by: hunting small cats, playing in the waves, digging sand trenches, riding the tides that ebb and flow in the estuary and having sleep-overs in tents. We were right... the kids were so happy to see each other that they left the adults alone so we could have plenty of time to catch up.
(Background: For those of you who don't know Selena, we met over 8 years ago when our first borns were in our bellies. I had an instant attraction to her in our pre-natal yoga class. Don't get funny ideas here... I don't have a pregnant lady fetish. She is simply a fascinating person with a wicked sense of humor, wit and intelligence. It was destiny - I knew we would be friends... I just didn't know that she would travel with her family of 4 to Nicaragua 8 years later to have a chance to visit me.) Who knew?
Noa and Linnea collecting shells in the estuary.
Dempsey and Talia givin' it to Steve
Sunset over the Pacific on January 22, 2011... and Steve, Selena, E and J
Celebrating January 28th a few days early. Yes, we're having cake for breakfast.






Dempsey,
ReplyDeleteYour cake looks yummy. Have a wonderful birthday on Friday. Your present is on its way and hopefully will get there in lots of pieces. See you on Skype this weekend.
Love,
Nana & Gf'er
Mege Larve and blue cake! I love it. Happy Birthday to big D.
ReplyDeleteLove JW
Yes~ the cake was blue, but by default. There were some people coming from Leon on Saturday, so we asked them to pick up a cake from a bakery. Well, the cake shifted in transit and the frosting ended up on the top of the cake box. So to remedy the caketastrophe, the frosting was re-smeared, and in the process, it went from multi-colored to purple-ish. I thought it looked kind of space-shipy, which is perfect for lil' D.
ReplyDeleteclever... "in lots of pieces"... I just got it.
ReplyDeletebtw. I meant MEGA larve. Ooops.
ReplyDelete