It looks like it has finally happened, there was a serious space collision on Tuesday. Apparently two satellites crashed and have spread 10,000 pieces of space junk in orbit... According to the serious math guys the two satellites hit each other at something like 42,000 miles per hour. I have no idea what 42,000 miles per hour is! I like the idea of space junk, not sure why but there is something reassuring about the idea that there is a layer of junk protecting us from some sort of alien attack, "no we can't mess with the earthlings they have a protective shield of high velocity death chunks whizzing at over 42,000 miles per hour... better go mess with another planet."
Sunday, February 15, 2009
Space Junk
It looks like it has finally happened, there was a serious space collision on Tuesday. Apparently two satellites crashed and have spread 10,000 pieces of space junk in orbit... According to the serious math guys the two satellites hit each other at something like 42,000 miles per hour. I have no idea what 42,000 miles per hour is! I like the idea of space junk, not sure why but there is something reassuring about the idea that there is a layer of junk protecting us from some sort of alien attack, "no we can't mess with the earthlings they have a protective shield of high velocity death chunks whizzing at over 42,000 miles per hour... better go mess with another planet."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Such a Lofchieanism if ever I've heard one...Nice job Eric...you are damn funny. I too have no idea what 42,000mph is like. But probably one of many good reasons we all haven't been abducted yet! LOL
ReplyDelete