Sunday, February 8, 2009

Your gonna move where?

Hello, We are moving to Honduras!  It is six months away and we are already selling our stuff!  We are going to be working at a private school in the capital called Tegucigalpa.

When we tell most people about moving to Tegucigalpa many people immediately ask us. Why?  That gets us thinking about why... the answer to the why changes across time.  Why you are going to do something changes as you get closer to actually doing something.  It has been fun being able to answer the same question with different responses over the past couple of months as our reasons and motivations have become more clarified and have matured over time.

This whole thing came about one afternoon when Jennie met some friends who had been educators in Costa Rica, they loved it and needless to say we were excited and wanted to learn more.  I liked the idea but I was pretty skeptical. I was just doubtful that we would find a school that met our needs and would have jobs for both of us... I guess I was sort of the nay sayer.

Well Jennie wrote  a dream list, with the types of things that we wanted.  Then she put the list up in our bedroom.  I have never been an advocate of this type of planning, but I have to say that it was the list that actually ended up confirming that this move was right for us.  In some way each item from the list was present in our lives when we made the decision to move to Tegucigalpa.

4 comments:

  1. I went to the American School for an event last year- it's a beautiful school! You'll love it. Congrats on the jobs and we're looking forward to reading about your adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOUR CRAZY!!! Im kidding, im soooo excited for you guys.....Im actually proud of you!Im glad you started a blog, that way I can keep up with you. Take care and I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lofchie...In some way I'm quite envious, and probably secretly/subconsciously wished I would do something like this. Anyhow, please take pictures and keep blogging...BTW...I was remembering out trip a few years ago, when we went to Sac for the conference and we managed to squeeze in some snowboarding...those beers in the lodge afterward were some of the best I've had...Thanks again and keep in touch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Snowboarding when we were at a conference on official business? You must be mistaken... Beers? At a conference? No way...

    ReplyDelete