So I thought I'd add another distraction to the list and mess around on the computer and put together a compilation of pictures that we've taken over the last few months. Some are mundane, some ugly, some funny, some down right beautiful.
I hope you enjoy them.
This is a shacky, shanty town just outside the city. These houses are about half way up the mountain. To me, it's about the most beautiful mountain in the city. It's not far from our school and I admire it every day.
One Saturday, it rained buckets and flooded a lot of city streets.
This tangle of power lines was funny, but even more funny was the mangled mess that lay in the street. If we hadn't been in a bus, We'd have gotten a picture of that too.
This was taken from our balcony. The construction workers treat the street like it's their job site. The gray splotches on the street are where construction workers mixed the concrete while working on the house. Not far from our house, there is a "concrete sculpture" where someone mixed concrete on a busy street, then left the pile there and a car drove through it and then it hardened.
Saturday morning stroll.
Ominous bird on a church in Ojojona.
Dahlia's, just the like ones that grow in our garden in Sebastopol.
A beautiful vivero (nursery) with the jungle in the background.








Thanx Jennie!
ReplyDeleteAnytime I feel like taking a little trip, I read your blog--it transports me. It's like meditation. Gracias Ann White
ReplyDeleteAnn, Thank you for the best possible compliment. If only I can find a way to meditate, too. Unfortunately, I don't get the same effect when I read the blog.
ReplyDeleteEric's dad just arrived this morning and our school ended at 11:00 today, so we are home and grabbing a little lunch before heading out to one of our favorite "city" spots, the pool at the Honduras Mayan Hotel. My parents arrive on Monday and we are so exited!! It's a little surreal to be showing our parents this place where we've been living since last July. Also, trying to imagine what it is like through their eyes, because to us, it's "where we live", but to them, it's all new.
Best wishes to you and your family this Christmas and in the New Year.
Love, Jennie